Monday, January 19, 2009


I'm trying to get back in the habit of posting here.
Getting over my J-Land separation anxiety. (sniff)


It was just the best weekend ever!
Friday night was the basketball game. I go to watch my cheer leader daughter....Everything at this point in her senior year has such a feel of finality to it. We are standing together on the edge of a new life for us both. Afterward my house was full of girls and drama as they got ready for a party. I love teenagers. I love their intensity, the feeling that all of life as we now know it hinges on a look or a word.


Saturday, all my Lagoonatic friends were together in one place for the first time since August. The five of us have a bond that covers 3 states, 13 children, outlasted 3 husbands and 25 years. We all met for a party to be introduced to my high school boyfriend and dear companion Phillip's new wife (who is younger than my daughter, but different strokes for different folks)

Then Stephanie and I went out dancing for her daughter Molly's 21st birthday, which was a hoot. These kids continually hand my youth back to me.


All of this is so much more appreciated because I was having these weird panic attacks for a while that made me almost incapable of driving a car. I have no idea where it came from. I am a social soul and have been know to get up at midnight and drive to the beach on an impulse. I had gotten to the point where I stayed at home, telling myself that was just fine. I went to a psychiatrist and she put me on Lexapro. I dont' feel like I am taking anything, not giddy or sleepy. It took about a month, then one day I just got in the car and drove, all the while my mind was on other things, then I realized, "hey , I am not nervous!" Saturday nght I drove to the next county and all over town! I have my life back!

Sunday, dear Tom and I built a fire in the back yard and sang adn laughed and loved each other.

Today is a holiday, a pajama day.

The only goal I have is to walk the dog.

Wishing you surprizes and sudden gifts from life,
Marti

3 comments:

kbear said...

Happy you're feeling better and gettin out & about. welcome back. good to see you again. Hugz~kbear

Saltydawg said...

Dearest Marti, oh how it would be great to be young again huh? I hope now yer driving again you've given lexapro the boot?
Gaz xx

LYN said...

I think i have a mild phobia about driving....I hate it..I only drive when I have to...if i could i would leave the dang car parked in the driveway...


glad youa re getting out tho... ;-)